Our vital signs.
For those who want just the facts, here’s a quick overview of Memorial Hospital—who we are, who we serve, and other vital statistics you should know.
Founded March 1952.
A not-for-profit community hospital serving Union and five surrounding counties—primary service area of 65,000 individuals.
- Union County population: 40,909 (2000 Census)
- Marysville City population: 15,932 (2000 Census)
Inpatient distribution by County
- 60.7% from Union
- 15.4% from Champaign
- 13.6% from Logan
- 4.1% from Madison
- 1.4% from Hardin
- 1.3% from Deleware
- 1.1% from Franklin
- 2.5% from all other counties
*Data reflects cases from Q1 and Q3 2013.
97- bed acute and primary care facility with over 30 additional service lines.
Also have operational authority over The Gables at Green Pastures, a 112-bed long-term care facility offering long- and short-term rehabilitation, skilled, intermediate, and dementia care.
Other hospital statistics include:
- A medical staff of more than 150 physicians.
- Over 360 adult and teen volunteers.
- Governed by a bi-partisan eight-member Board of Trustees
- Gross operating revenue of $177 million in 2013
- Employees: Over 580 at Memorial Hospital and 133 at The Gables at Green Pastures
Facts from our 2013 Annual Report:
- ER visits: 18,604
- Babies delivered: 570
- Lab procedures: 350,808
- Home Health Care visits: 11,116
- Occupational Health visits: 5,748
- Radiology procedures: 43,354
- Physical and Occupational therapy visits: 28,259
- Ambulatory Care Clinic patients seen: 14,486
- Sleep Lab studies performed: 447
- Urgent Care visits: 17,107
- Food and Nutrition meals served: 308,620
- Volunteer Hours provided: 46,409
Expenses as percent of total operating expenses:
- 42% Salaries and wages
- 11% Supplies
- 9% Employee benefits and taxes
- 16% Purchases Services
- 8% Insurance, utilities, depreciation
- 6% Professional services