In its 22nd year, the prestigious Optimas Awards are presented to companies across the globe in recognition of workforce management initiatives that directly improve business results. Awards are also presented in the categories of General Excellence, Competitive Advantage, Ethical Practices, Financial Impact, Global Outlook, Innovation, Managing Change, Partnership, Service, and Vision.
Memorial Hospital received the Corporate Citizenship award for its organizational culture and collaborative business efforts. “Our team has devoted themselves to giving back to the community,” says Chip Hubbs, President/CEO at Memorial Hospital. “It’s important that residents feel we leave a positive impact in our community, strengthening the services available and helping to improve the health and wellbeing for those we serve.”
Under directives from Hubbs, Memorial transformed its perception in the community by making a positive impact. The hospital partners with numerous local businesses for health fairs and occupational health screenings. Additionally, employees are involved in the community, from coaching Little League teams to volunteering for organizations like the United Way. Furthermore, outreach programs have been established, including the 5-4-3-2-1 Go! program for healthy children through the local school systems.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- General Excellence: ChildNET of Plantation, FL
- Corporate Citizenship: Memorial Hospital of Union County in Marysville, OH
- Competitive Advantage: Safelite Autoglass of Columbus, OH
- Financial Impact: Etisalat Misr of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Global Outlook: HCL Technologies of Noida, India
- Innovation: Alliant Techsystems (ATK) of Anoka, MN
- Managing Change: Infosys BPO of Bangalore, India
- Partnership: A to Z Machine Co. of Appleton, WI
- Service: Veterans Affairs Learning University of Washington, DC
- Vision: Sodexo of Gaithersburg, MD
The 2012 Optimas Awards winners will be featured in the December issue of Workforce Management magazine and online at www.workforce.com.